Followers of my blog

Wednesday 12 December 2012

Experimenting with beads in resin

As I currently have a bit of free time, I thought I'd spend some of it practicing jewellery making techniques in the hope that I can make some things I would be happy to sell. I have just been experimenting with adding beads to resin. I'm still using the Epoxy resin used in previous posts, where you mix one part resin with one part hardener. 

I've already found that some wooden buttons I added keep floating to the surface, but the other beads seem to be staying in place,so I'm looking forward to seeing how they turn out once fully cured. I'm particularly keen to see how the large star (top left in the pictures below) comes out. This is embedded with some multi-coloured Italian Millefiori beads.

This time I have put Vaseline in the molds, which should hopefully make the shapes easier to turn out. Last time I didn't do this and had great difficulty getting them out.




No comments:

Post a Comment